Saturday, January 12, 2019

National Kiss a Ginger Day

So today is National Kiss A Ginger Day and in honor of this whole decision to celebrate rather than stress about my upcoming surgery, I bought a strawberry blonde wig and surprised Opie with it Friday night.



"Is that a wig?" He demanded. "Or did you do that FOR REAL?!" Which, honestly, didn't sound like he was eager for me to be a ginger.

"Tomorrow is Kiss a Ginger Day!"  I told him. "I got it so you could Kiss a Freaking Ginger for the love of God!"

At which point he--much to his regret--pointed out that I am supposed to be celebrating these days not him so shouldn't I be the one kissing a ginger?

I really hate it when he's right...though not as much as he did because today (after a few beers to lower his inhibitions) I slapped the strawberry blonde wig on his head:

Hands off, ladies, he's all mine!

And then I had to be quick because, good sport that he usually is, he wasn't really feeling the wig.

It's amazing what a man will subject himself to for love...and beer.



But I kissed my ginger!





No comments:

Post a Comment