Thursday, September 19, 2019

6 Month Milestone


It's been a long 6 months of  surgery, sock photos, more surgery, more sock photos, moving, more sock photos and even more sock photos.  But I think it's time for a photo montage and big reveal!



Before: 


During:




This is the day of the surgery -- and the plastic surgeon actually suggested that I wear the snot-catching nose guard thing 24/7 for the next 2 weeks. Newflash: I didn't.

The morning  after the surgery -- this, by the way, was the day the doctor warned me repeatedly not to have sex...though how he thought Opie could resist my animal magnetism, I'll never know.

A couple weeks in...when the flap was "feeling badly!" 
I, on the other hand, was a beaming ball of sunshine.



The next surgery, aka The Unflapping!
Then slowly on the mend....



Now, six months down the road (drumroll please!):


Lots of scar cream, not a small amount of make up, a new haircut and very forgiving lighting...but looking like me again!



1 comment:

  1. You look amazing. I too had surgery on my face. Different cancer for me. It’s tough. Congratulations on coming out the other side.

    ReplyDelete